DATE OF PUBLICATION ON THE WEBSITE AND ENTRY INTO FORCE FROM JUNE 1, 2022
M.N. Group S.r.l., with legal and administrative office in Milan (MI), Via del Vecchio Politecnico 5, ZIP code 20121, Italian Tax Code and registration number 10743120965 (hereinafter “MN GROUP” or “TAPIS ROUGE” or “Seller”), informs that it is possible to purchase, through the website www.ateliertapisrouge.com (hereinafter “Site”) “TAPIS ROUGE” branded rugs (hereinafter “Product(s)“). The purchase price of the Products does not include home delivery (hereinafter “Services”). The sale of the Products is intended for “consumers” or “professionals”.
General issues relating to the entering into the contract for the purchase of Products through the Site
For the purposes of these General Conditions, the following meanings apply:
- “Consumer” (hereinafter the “Consumer” and, together with the Seller, the “Parties”) any natural person who purchases the Products offered for sale on the Site for purposes unrelated to any entrepreneurial, commercial, artisan or professional activity carried out by the same, in compliance with the provisions of art. 3, paragraph 1, lett. a) of the Legislative Decree 6 September 2005, no. 206, as subsequently amended, most recently with Legislative Decree no. 21 dated 21 February 2014 (hereinafter the “Consumer Code”).
- “Professional” (hereinafter the “Professional” and, together with the Seller, the “Parties”) the natural or legal person acting in the exercise of their business, commercial, craft or professional activity, or an intermediary.
In accordance with what stated below, the Consumer or Professional are identified as “Customer” or “Customers”. These general conditions may be subject to change. The general conditions applicable to the sale are those published on the Site upon sending the purchase order by the Customer. In order to make the purchase on the Site, it is necessary to be of age and the delivery of the Products must be carried out in the Italian territory and in all other territories where the sale and delivery is expressly declared as available.
The presentation of the Products on the Site, which is not binding for the Seller, represents a mere invitation to the Consumer to make a contractual purchase proposal and not an offer to the public.
1) Product Selection
The Products for sale are published on the Site. The main characteristics of the Products as well as the price are also available on the Site. Custom-made Products are available upon request through the feedback form or through email request at [email protected].
2) Product prices
All the prices of the Products indicated on the Site are in currency depending on Customer’s geoposition and exclude VAT, delivery costs to the place requested by the Customer and organized by TAPIS ROUGE, all applicable taxes and customs duties. The price shown on the Site at the time the order is sent is applied to the purchase of the Products without any consideration of previous offers or any subsequent price change.
3) Conclusion of the purchase contract (Order)
Purchase orders must be made on-line through the purchase order procedure on the Site. In order to fill in the purchase order, the Customer may follow the following methods:
a) the Customer can enter the required data necessary to make the purchase in the appropriate form, by accessing the “Payment” section;
b) the Customer correctly completes the purchase order procedure if the Site does not show any error messages (the system cannot detect errors in reference to the data entered by the Customer in the field dedicated to billing and shipping addresses). The purchase contract will be considered entered into between the Seller and the Customer with the completion of the payment of the consideration by the Customer. In this case, receipt of payment will be acknowledged by sending an order confirmation e-mail to the e-mail address communicated by the Customer. This confirmation will summarize the selected Products with the specific characteristics requested by the Customer, the relative prices, the delivery address, the order number and the applicable general conditions;
The Customer must check with the utmost attention and care the correctness of the data contained in the order confirmation and communicate of any correction, in writing via email, to the Customer Service within 24 (twenty-four) hours of receipt of order confirmation. The order number, generated by the system, must be used by the Customer in any communication with the Customer Service, which can be contacted by email at [email protected].
4) Obligations of the Customer
By sending the purchase order electronically, the Customer declares that it has unconditionally examined and accepted these general conditions, committing itself to observe them in his relations with the Seller. To confirm acceptance of the general conditions, the Customer must put a special flag in the related box, present in the purchase proposal.
5) Tracking of the delivery
The Customer can obtain information on the progress of the order at any time by contacting, at the addresses indicated on the order confirmation. The tracking numbers are sent individually to each Customer.
The delivery service to the place requested by the Customer organized by TAPIS ROUGE is not included into the price of the Product. At the time of placing the purchase order, the Customer will be informed regarding the expected delivery date and cost. The courier will contact the Customer to define the time slot and day on which the delivery will be made. Placement of the Product in your interior is not included into the delivery price and service.
7) Disclaimer of liability
Delivery delays: with regard to the aforementioned delivery methods, TAPIS ROUGE will be exempt from any liability in the event of delays caused by events, acts, facts and circumstances unforeseeable at the time of entering into the individual purchase contracts, which are unavoidable and also beyond the control of TAPIS ROUGE (by way of example: strikes, riots, natural disasters, COVID-19 restrictions connected with production and delivery from the production country to the Consumer’s country and etc.). In such situations, TAPIS ROUGE will promptly communicate to the Customer a new deadline within which it will fulfil the delivery and will make every effort to fulfil all its obligations as envisaged in the purchase agreement.
Conformity of the Product:
We try to do our best to provide as accurate images of the Product as possible, however we ask you to consider that when shopping online items on the Site or by email, the Products may appear differently on screen than they appear in real life.
Colors and textures are often difficult to see and judge online with 100% accuracy hence there could be variations with the Product in real life up to 5%. Actual colors may vary from the images / pictures shown for the following reasons:
- This may be caused by your screen settings or the settings that were used in the production of the original image.
- Like any dyed textile Product, the dye shades may vary from one production run to the next.
- The color of the Product will appear different in various lighting conditions.
Considering 100% hand-made production of our Products the permissible variations in size and color may be up to 5% of the initial size indicated in the invoice.
Please be aware of this and take it into account when you are reviewing your order.
There are a few important things to keep in mind when returning the Product you purchased online from TAPIS ROUGE:
1) Only Products that have been purchased directly from TAPIS ROUGE online can be returned to us. TAPIS ROUGE Products purchased through other retailers must be returned in accordance with their respective returns and refunds policy.
2) Please note that returns are possible only in respect to:
- Products due to size fault on Seller’s side and outside permissible variations mentioned above. Considering 100% hand-made production of our Products, the permissible variations in size and color may be up to 5% of the initial size indicated in the invoice.
- Products damaged at production by TR’s fault. The damage caused by improper folding, bending, shipping, packaging, transportation or in any other cases not indicated in this document does not allow the Customer to return the Product. Also please note that all our Products are handmade and of natural materials and time is required to take its initial form depending on climate and all other conditions.
3) You have 14 calendar days to return a Product from the date you received it in cases mentioned in Clauses 1 and 2 of this Section.
4) In order to exercise your right of return, you must inform us of your decision by means of a clear statement. You can inform us of your decision by email: [email protected].
5) The place of return must be agreed with the Seller additionally by email: [email protected].
6) In case of return the Customer takes all delivery expenses (from TAPIS ROUGE to the Customer and back). The Customer shall arrange delivery from the Customer’s place to TAPIS ROUGE by himself/herself.
If you change your mind, we will provide you with a refund in an amount equal to the price you paid for the Product, less the return courier costs to our place from your nominated address, given that the Product is returned in its original condition without any damages. We will reimburse you no later than 30 days from the day on which we receive the returned Product if the Product was returned in its initial condition and all the conditions specified in section Online Returns are met.
If you are paying for your order with an international Visa, MasterCard, or American Express credit card, please note that the purchase price may fluctuate with exchange rates. In addition, your bank or credit card issuer may also charge you foreign conversion charges and fees, which may also increase the overall cost of your purchase. Please contact your bank or credit card issuer regarding these fees. All bank fees are at Customer’s expense.
Custom orders are non-refundable or returnable.
Refunds by the Seller can only be made through the same payment method used by the Customer for the initial transaction, unless otherwise expressly requested by the Customer and on condition that the Customer does not have to incur any costs as a consequence of the reimbursement.
9) Assistance services
The Customer may have information about the Products and orders by contacting the Customer Service through the channels listed in the “Contact Us” section of the Site.
10) Terms of payment
The payment methods accepted during the order process with payment obligation and confirmation of receipt before issuing the order confirmation are those specifically indicated on the Site: MasterCard, Visa, Maestro, Apple Pay and etc. We also accept bank transfers.
The transactions will be managed through the Stripe payment manager.
Each purchase transaction is subject to maximum security thanks to the use of the most advanced technological systems in the field of e-commerce and with encryption systems to protect your personal data and your credit card information from unauthorized access.
In fact, the credit card data are sent, during the order execution, to the payment managers and are protected against unauthorized access, through the encrypted system. These data are not accessible either to the Seller or to third parties.
Your shopping experience will always be fast and safe; you will simply have to confirm your identity every time you make an on-line payment by entering a temporary code or using your fingerprint on the app of your bank.
Please remember that every banking institution will apply new and different authentication methods. Therefore, do not forget to contact your bank to activate this service.
11) Processing of personal data
See privacy section
12) Applicable law and jurisdiction
These general conditions must be interpreted in compliance with Italian law. Furthermore, the European Commission is making available an on-line platform for the alternative extra-judicial resolution of disputes, accessible on the website http://ec.europa.eu/odr. If you do not participate in the attempt at mediation, or should this attempt have a negative outcome, the dispute will be transferred exclusively to the Court of Milan, except in the case in which this provision is not applied due to mandatory laws in force.
Communications relating to the information aspects of preliminary support to the purchase concerning the Products and the methods of placing orders may be addressed to the Customer Service using the contacts listed in the “Contact us” section of the Site. Any communication concerning the management and planning of deliveries of the Products and any after-sales activity must be forwarded to the contact channels indicated in the order confirmation.